Here is my new tried and tested TIME- AND ENERGY-SAVING method. (I’m all for saving time and energy, especially when the pubs are open!)
Just follow these easy steps:
1. Listen to the weather forecast (or watch it of course), then do your washing. Decide to save energy by line drying your washing.
2. Ignore any report of rain (they are never right anyway) and hang your washing out. That lovely force 9 gale blowing will dry your washing in no time! No dryer energy bills there!
3. Watch the rain pouring down on your washing. It can’t last for ever – can it?
4. Wait another two days while the rain continues to pour down. Get a phone call from your neighbor to check you are still alive because your washing is STILL out.
5. Bring the washing in after another force 9 gale has dried it.
6. Decide you had better iron the washing but – oh happy days! It’s been out in the rain so long that there are no longer any creases in it! So you SAVE TIME AND ENERGY by not having to iron AND you use less electricity by not using your dryer. Of course, you weren’t able to wear your new favorite jumper for 3 days but that’s a minor point.
7. Celebrate how much money you’ve just saved by going down to the pub. (You’ll be using their heating, so even more money saved!).
Feel free to use these handy tips for your own benefit – you know it makes sense!